Website Vancouver Community College
This position is responsible for providing clerical support to high volume of student inquiries pertaining to College and Career Access (CCA) course/program information and registration procedures by answering the phone; providing information and assistance; word processing a variety of documents, forms and correspondence and maintaining department databases and files.
- Receives and responds to a high volume of enquiries over the telephone, by email or in-person from key stakeholder groups. Screens calls, answers departmental emails, relays messages, and provides information and assistance referring more complex or specialized queries to the appropriate personnel. Follows up with students, as appropriate.
- Schedules and provides support and invigilation of students during testing and exams.
- Word processes correspondence, tests, class lists, minutes of meetings and instructional materials, etc. Creates, manages and organizes electronic files.
- Creates and/or distributes posters, promotional materials, and brochures; posts information sessions on the website and responds on social media as directed or required.
- Maintains online data systems, records, logs, etc., ensuring information is complete and up to date.
- Orders, maintains and distributes, as necessary, course and department supplies including paper, forms, media and other materials. Ensures any learning/student equipment is in proper working order.
- Supports the department head and helps the other program assistant with tracking faculty and staff schedules/absences.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, events and functions.
- Assists department with copyright permission as well as provides support to faculty and department leaders.
- Organizes, sorts, and processes incoming and outgoing duplicating.
- Reviews and recommends office methods and procedures to streamline for efficiency; identifies operational problems and reports issues to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with coordinating special projects as required.
- Relieves and assists the other Program Assistant as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Completion of Grade 12 plus additional specialized training of up to and including 1 year, including office and computer skills courses plus over 1-year related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be substituted for the required qualifications.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage several time-sensitive tasks at any given time. Ability to respond to changing priorities and work effectively and calmly under a heavy workload.
- Strong customer service skills with a proactive, problem-solving approach. Ability to respond with tact and diplomacy.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices, Business English and Mathematics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to compose routine correspondence and format reports.
- Sound experience using MS Office Suite, Publisher and internet applications (including web browsers, OneDrive, Zoom, Teams, and Moodle).
- Ability to learn college software systems such as Banner, Access VCC, and CORSYS
- Keyboarding skills of 50 wpm. Attention to detail.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of social media.
PAYGRADE 20: $1,398.13 to $1628.26 bi-weekly.