Website Technical Safety BC
Do you have an interest in writing, creating, editing and publishing engaging content in various styles? Are you known for being a great storyteller with strong technical skills? Do you communicate clearly, enjoy collaborating with a team, and can balance multiple priorities? Are you looking for an exciting career building opportunity in a dynamic work environment?
We are looking for an exceptional Communications Specialist to work within our Corporate Communications Team, supporting internal and external communication programs that connect to our organizational vision, develop our brand, and deliver against key technical safety priorities. The Communications Specialist is responsible for a variety of activities, including working with the business partners in creating and maintaining engaging content delivered through multiple mediums and channels.
Status: Casual, Full-Time, Union (12 Months)
Pay Grade: 13
Location: anywhere in BC (mostly working remotely with occasional visits to the nearest office for connection days)
Reports to: Leader, Corporate and Employee Communications
As a Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Works with internal stakeholders in planning, editing, and writing engaging content delivered through various mediums and channels.Creates and edits content, including stories, key messages, media releases newsletters, infographics, presentations, webinars, and video.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop content. Creates and releases this content by coordinating a communication calendar.
- Remains up-to-date with new/emerging technology and trends. Provides recommendations for implementation/adoption of new channels.
- Works with stakeholders and business partners to plan and support various internal and external events including employee town halls, Annual Public
- Meetings, and webinars. Assure the completion of assigned projects accurately, on budget and on time.
- Maintains KPI and analytics tracking for business reports. Prepares, tracks, and records a variety of information (i.e. budgets, invoices, suppliers, contracts etc.). Measures and evaluates results of internal and external communication programs and initiatives through feedback and data analytics.
- Supports additional projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience you have:
- Demonstrated excellence with writing, editing and presenting a variety of communication and briefing materials in a format appropriate for the intended audience
- Knowledge of communications principles and communications business processes
- Knowledge intranet technologies and content management systems
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Email
- Excellent command of the English language and strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative and judgment skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Diploma or degree in marketing or communications supplemented by a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Course work and experience in content management.
About Technical Safety BC
Technical Safety BC is an independent, self-funded organization that oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment across the province. In addition to issuing permits, licenses and certificates, we work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement, and research. Through simplification of our initiatives, we promote understanding and engagement, making safety accessible to everyone. As society changes, we create and adopt new ideas, skills, and tools that will enable us to meet the safety challenges of a highly-connected world.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the safety system in B.C. We are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. Technical Safety BC welcomes those who would contribute to further diversifying our organization, as we are an equal opportunity employer.
Our values guide our work.
- We See Genius in Diversity
- We Foster Confidence
- We Make the Complex Simple
- We Adapt
If you are interested in this position, please apply online with your resume and a sample of your writing by the internal deadline of 4:00 PM PT May 4, 2022. This opportunity will remain posted until filled; however, priority consideration will be given to those who apply by the deadline. To see a full list of our current opportunities or to learn more about Technical Safety BC, please visit our website at technicalsafetybc.ca/careers.
Please note: Technical Safety BC has implemented a mandatory vaccine policy effective November 29, 2021. For more information, please refer to this page on our website.