Website Sysco Canada
Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest foods and fresh ideas. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
WE HAVE 5 CONTRACT POSITIONS OPEN FROM MARCH – SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
Apply now and get VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY and BENEFITS!
· Starting rate of $19.20/hour
· Additional nightshift premium of $1.00/hour
· Additional freezer/cold warehouse premium of $1.25/hour (if applicable)
· Earn additional productivity incentives – approximately plus $3.50/hour
· Take advantage of employee discounts on food and related products
· Grow your career – our managers have started in the same role
· Possibility of extension or changing to full-time (based on performance and position availability)
HOURS OF WORK
· Nightshift hours are 6:30 pm – 3:00 am
· Typically 30-40 hours/week, with some opportunity for flexibility
· Five days (between Sunday and Friday) with at least two days off/week
· Physically fit – you will be doing heavy lifting (up to 90 lbs) for extended periods of time in a fast-paced repetitive work environment.
· Ability to work in cold (freezer) temperature environment
· Previous warehouse experience is an asset.
· Has great attention to detail.
· Embodies quality, safety, and customer service.
· Own transportation as transit may be unavailable during shift hours
QUICK OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Selects orders and loads pallets for delivery of product to our customers.
· Maintains an acceptable level of production and accuracy while selecting food service orders.
· Able to stand, move, stretch and bend – on average you will walk over 5 kilometers in a single shift.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Our main warehouse is located on Westshore Pkwy – 5 minutes from Langford Lake and Goldstream Park with satellite yards in Duncan, Nanaimo, Comox, Campbell River, Port Alberni, Port Hardy and Powell River.