Website Sysco Canada
Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest foods and fresh ideas. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Apply now and get VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY and BENEFITS!
· Start right away with an hourly rate of $17.97 up to $19.34 after 24 months
· Earn additional productivity bonuses (if applicable)
· Take advantage of employee discounts on food and related products
· Grow your career – our managers have started in the same role
· Benefits include: Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan, Group RRSP, Employee and Family Assistance, Stock Purchase Plan, Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University, Sysco product discounts, Preferred vendor discounts, Associate Resource Groups (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit).
HOURS OF WORK
· Typically 40 hours/week, with some opportunity for flexibility
· Five days (between Sunday and Friday) with at least two days off/week
· Dayshift hours – Monday to Friday 5:30am-2:00pm
· Physically fit – you will be doing heavy lifting (up to 90lbs) for extended periods of time in a fast-paced repetitive work environment.
· Ability to work in cold (freezer) temperature environment for extended periods.
· Previous warehouse experience is an asset.
· Has great attention to detail.
· Embodies quality, safety, and customer service.
QUICK OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Break down of pallets for Warehouse TI-HI needs for Put-away.
· Work directly with Receivers on merchandise counts, errors, shorts & damages
· Work with Receivers on Warehouse shift set-up.
· Able to stand, move, stretch and bend – on average you will walk over 5 kilometers in a single shift.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Our warehouse is located at 9385 Jim Bailey Road on the border of Lake Country and Kelowna. The successful candidate should have reliable transportation as transit service may be unavailable during shift hours.