|Sr. Engineer Site C (Protection & Control) Positions Available: 1|
|Status: Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Temporary||Job Location: Fort St. John Site C Constr Ofc Flexible Work Role: Region: Northern Interior|
Salary Range: $100,000 – $110,000
*Relocation Benefits Negotiable and Fly in-Fly Out ($130/Day) Benefit Available
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities.
We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
Based out of Fort St. John, BC Hydro Generation Engineering’s Site C Project (Project) has an immediate opening for a Senior Protection and Control (P&C) Engineer who would be interested in contributing their experience and further developing their abilities within the Project’s Balance of Plant (BOP) Resident Engineering (RE) Team. The dynamic, multi-disciplinary BOP RE Team consist of BC Hydro Employees and consultants who are accountable for the field review of the civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, telecommunication and P&C works associated with the BOP contracts. Specifically relating to the P&C discipline, the successful candidate’s duties include the following:
* Conduct field reviews to ensure the contractors Work conform to the contract scope, technical specifications and the engineering issued for construction drawings;
* Review and provide feedback on the technical submittals from the contractors;
* Collaborate with Design Engineering, On-site Engineering, Technologists, Construction Management, Contract Management and contractor teams to identify and resolve technical issues ensuring quality work is delivered on schedule;
* Attend contractual witness and hold point inspections as required by the Work and document your findings and observations;
* Receive technical direction from the RE Team Lead P&C;
* Provide general engineering support to the RE Team Lead P&C, including interpretation of contract scope, technical specifications, engineering design drawings, and provide input on recurring reports;
* Assist with receiving, tracking and distribution of BC Hydro supplied P&C equipment and materials;
* Participate in the development and review of installation and commissioning procedures for P&C equipment;
* Coordinate design modifications as required to address site conditions and ensure record information are marked up as-built and forwarded to the Engineer-of-Record;
* The above duties pertain to Powerhouse, Intake and Spillway P&C systems which include the following: Generators and Turbines; Step Up Transformers; Human Machine Interfaces and local Control Room; Intake and Spillway Gates; AC Station Service; DC Station Service; Reservoir Level Control; Public Warning System; Non-Electrical Protection, Alarm and Monitoring; Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition; and Drainage, Dewatering and Flood Protection.
* Electrical, Electronics or Control System Engineering degree from a recognized Canadian university;
* Registered as Professional Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (EGBC). Applicants with registration in other jurisdictions will be considered;
* Minimum of 8 years P&C engineering experience.
* Demonstrated ability to oversee and drive work, identify issues that could affect delivery of the work, and assist in resolving technical field issues.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately in written and verbal communications;
* Strong interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills. * Strong expertise with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel * Ability to work set shift schedules to be discussed during the interview process. * The following qualifications would be considered an asset:
o P&C Engineering experience in a heavy industrial environment or working on a large, multi disciplinary construction project;
o Experience working in medium to large hydro-electric facilities;
o Experience with design, construction, or commissioning of hydro-electric equipment, P&C systems preferred;
o Experience reviewing hydro-electrical technical documents;
o Broad knowledge of P&C systems as they apply to large hydro-electric facilities within BC Hydro and their interfaces with BOP systems.
* This location may be eligible for a Remote Incentive of 12%. Remote Incentives are paid bi weekly to Full-Time Regular employees working in eligible remote locations. BC Hydro does not offer a paid fly in/fly out.
* Class 5 Driver’s License is required to be maintained in good standing;
* This Full-Time Temporary opportunity is scheduled until approximately December 2024 with opportunity for employment extension as required to support the work.
* BC Hydro employees will be required to provide proof confirming that they are fully vaccinated effective November 22, 2021.
Please be advised that this role has been assessed as safety sensitive and pre-qualification alcohol and drug testing will be required as a pre-condition to employment.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .
All BC Hydro employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
HOW TO APPLY
Don’t forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Date Posted: 2022-02-17 Closing Date: 2022-03-16