Website BC Hydro
Salary Range: $49,000
Positions Available: 2
Status: Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Temporary
Job Location: Edmonds A01
Flexible Work Role: Hybrid
Region: Lower Mainland
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable. Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers. We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
- Participates in developing service level agreements, including providing input to contract pricing and billing. Monitors contract delivery expectations, costs, and related contract and performance measurement, incentive and penalty details in discussion with the reporting manager, Field Services and clients. Compiles and presents information using advanced levels of software applications such as word processing, database, spreadsheet, graphics and desktop publishing.
- Administers service contract for Field Services to Lines of Business and other Third Parties such as the outsourcing of support services, fleet and other services by: compiling costs and billing information; assisting with contract and relationship management; assisting in conducting benchmarking studies to compare, report and prepare recommendations on service quality and improvements. Sets up, monitors and reconciles a variety of information using contract/cost management and financial management systems and refers unusual data to manager; checks, codes and prepares invoices for sign off by others.
- Participates in communicating policies, standards and processes for the management of contracts for Field Services in discussion with reporting manager, and through participation in various forums assists in supporting the service contract environment.
- Provides support in customer interfaces (internal and external parties) through various stages of the contract by: assisting in defining service requirements to identify activities performed by Field Services, and preparing pricing documents, reporting templates, monthly status reporting etc; providing service delivery assistance on a day-to-day operational level. Performs a variety of duties including gathering, maintaining and creating data from various sources such as electronic files and information data sheets from technical staff; verifies data received, identifies discrepancies, updates and/or makes required changes.
- Performs a full range of clerical, administrative and business duties such as preparing and processing a variety of documents, reviewing and verifying completeness and accuracy of information, identifying discrepancies, and contacting appropriate staff for clarification/verification.
- Receives, prioritizes and routes unit correspondence to appropriate personnel for further handling, including locating file references; responds to enquiry’s related to service provision in absence of manager; composes routine letters and memos.
- Coordinates and integrates conflicting schedules for managers; monitors and prioritizes workflow through Manager’s office.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Business principles and administration, finance, reconciliation, management reporting, contract management, legal issues and administration, performance monitoring, research and benchmarking, computer application, communications report preparation and presentation knowledge is typically acquired through High School graduation; plus a Certificate in Business Administration or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education; plus BC Hydro in-house common desktop applications and other programs (such as SAP ECC Access, SAP Time and Expenses, PassPort, Contract Management Access DB, DAD, JUAS).
- Two (2) years in progressively more responsible administrative positions related to contract and facility management, including experience in performance reporting with a well-developed applied knowledge of desktop computer applications. Well developed listening, oral, written, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to work in a multi-task environment.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
*** This posting includes 2 temporary opportunities for the following durations: 1 position for approximately 1 year and the 2nd position for approximately 8 months.
- In this fast paced, high volume role you will support Contract Professionals, Construction Managers, Construction Officers, and Project Managers within CIPD and some other Business Groups, by processing Change Orders, Service Entry Sheets, and Purchase Requests.
- The Service Contracts Administrator supports our Contract Professionals on post award activates for capital construction contracts. The role is administrative in nature, and supports processing of invoices, and changes to contracts through amendments, by using our internal software systems. In our division we follow outlined practices and policies, and we work closely with our internal customers and stakeholders.
- This position requires advanced attention to detail, the ability to follow established processes and procedures, as well as working well in a large team in a fast paced environment.
Please note that the following are considered strong assets:
- Strong ability to multitask in a fast paced & changing environment.
- Strong relationship skills to work in a team environment and ability to meet contractual and department deadlines.
- Ability to learn and understand IT systems (internally called SAP and Unifier).
- Strong ability to prioritize and ability to manage own work load.
- Strong drive and initiative.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal & Written.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow. Our values guide our work.
Want to join us?
We are safe. We are here for our customers. We are one team. We include everyone. We act with integrity and respect. We are forward thinking. BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro.
If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .
All BC Hydro employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer.
All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week