Praxis Spinal Cord Institute is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization that leads global collaboration in spinal cord injury (SCI) research, innovation, and care. We advance ground-breaking ideas that can be put into practice, making lives better. We actively engage people with spinal cord injuries and other world-class experts to work together to identify and solve the most urgent challenges to make exceptional improvements in the health of people with spinal cord injuries. Praxis is an ancient Greek word, a process by which theory is applied practically. This is exactly the work that we do every day: we move knowledge into action. Praxis is proudly accredited by Imagine Canada and was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Charities by Maclean’s and Money Sense magazines, achieving an A+ rating.
Through a diverse workforce, Praxis is committed to excellence in research, innovation and care for people living with spinal cord injury. Praxis recognizes that a diverse workforce, comprised of individuals with an array of identities, abilities, backgrounds, cultures, skills, perspectives and experiences is vital to creativity, growth and innovation and our success in making an impact on quality of life. We support our commitment by fostering an inclusive workplace which is fair, equitable, supportive, welcoming and respectful, allowing us to continue to transform health outcomes.
Reporting to the Director, Commercialization, the Program Coordinator participates in the organization and effective implementation of programmatic initiatives outlined by the Commercialization department. The role is central to programming Praxis’ leading SCI Accelerate and Incubate programs for the most promising innovations in spinal cord injuries, internationally.
The role acts as a liaison between external and internal stakeholders through ongoing business communication, meeting management, event coordination, project tracking and reporting. The research and market focus of the role is in the area of spinal cord injury and related complications. Praxis facilitates the commercialization of research discovery and invention.
- Coordinate and execute programs for health tech early stage technologies including stakeholders such as, funders, mentors, and government agencies, in order to expand business opportunities;
- Maintain relationships with external individuals and organizations through ongoing business communication, and effective meeting management;
- Participate in and facilitate meetings: prepare and deliver presentations to Praxis project teams and external stakeholders;
- Collaborate with other Praxis departments to achieve common goals by way of meeting coordination, project tracking and reporting, and other activities, as required;
- Identify potential partnership and support leads through research and outreach, using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software;
- Proactively monitor multiple projects through progress assessment, tracking milestones and due dates, and advising Manager and Director, Commercialization on roadblocks and constraints in a timely manner;
- Plan and coordinate administration and logistics for events and programs, including cost projections, purchase orders, catering, travel and accommodation arrangements, and expense reimbursement processing;
- Assist with outreach and marketing to startups, agencies, and universities, of relevant program initiatives and events;
- Write and prepare various types of business reports, including informational and analytical;
- Prepare documentation for reporting evidence to funding agencies (provincial and federal) and create summary documentation for funder reporting requirements; and
- Perform other duties as required by Praxis, within the scope of this role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or graduate degree in a related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a communications or project coordinator role.
Experience coordinating and developing project plans.
- Experience coordinating high profile events or programs with high levels of complexity/planning.
- Experience using Project Management (e.g. Airtable, Jira) and CRM (e.g. Salesforce) systems.
- Experience working with start-up companies or incubators, an asset.
- Familiarity with grant writing and administrative reporting, including documentation tracking, contract maintenance, overseeing approval processes an asset.
- Understanding of project management, event planning and coordination of programming.
- Understanding of outreach and marketing strategies with key stakeholders (startups, government agencies, healthcare providers, etc.).
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong research and business writing skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments through flexibility and resiliency.
- Ability to problem solve and lead event planning/coordination.
- Ability to liaise/communicate with stakeholders independently.
- Ability to learn new skills, industry, company, product or technical knowledge with ease.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners, domestic and international.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates can apply here by June 10, 2022. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Praxis, please visit our website at www.praxisinstitute.org.