Website Pacific Coast Distribution Ltd.
About the Role:
This position resides in Langley, British Columbia. Due unavailability of public transit in our area, it is mandatory that a successful candidate owns a personal vehicle.
The Transportation Coordinator – Dispatch requires at least 5 years of experience in to coordinate and oversee the routing and scheduling of our daily trucking services to meet customer requirements focusing on maximizing payload and productivity in a safe and effective manner.
· Assists with the planning, coordination and oversight of the routing and scheduling of drivers and achieve maximum truck utilization.
· Assures compliance with time schedules applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
· Ensures the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely, and listens to all driver concerns and acts on them appropriately.
· Ensures that schedules are carried out in an effective and efficient manner. Coordinates the daily assignment of company and contracted resources to maximize equipment productivity and payload while maintaining a high level of customer service.
· Manages the daily operations of the dispatch office:
§ Makes necessary adjustments for road closures, overloads, lateness and related problems.
§ Communicates regularly with the drivers to assist and manage implications caused by truck problems, lateness and accidents.
§ Communicates with the customer to report compliance to daily targets as well as course of action should deviation to plans occur.
· Communicates with the Primary customer to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues, concerns and questions regarding trucking services, customer site and/or driver issues.
· Follow all workplace safety policies and compliance regulations participate in identifying hazards.
· Comply with all rules and regulations, protocols and established performance metrics.
· Continuously surveys the existing trucking program for safety and cost improvement opportunities and advises the manager of ways to improve current systems.
· Confers and coordinates with Maintenance Shop Manager regarding repairs and preventative maintenance schedules and timelines.
· Schedules and coordinates required driver training and orientation.
· Collects and reviews driver paperwork and ensuring it is complete, accurate and timely.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Previous experience in a Dispatcher role considered an asset.
· Education, training, and experience equivalent to a degree or diploma in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management program from a recognized school, plus a minimum of five (5) years recent related work experience.
· Strong geographical knowledge the Lower Mainland, British Columbia, and Alberta.
· Sound Project management and Lean business impartments skills.
· Computer skills including Truck Mate (Dispatch system), Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word; and Business Intelligence skills to analyze operational data.
· Experience with Transportation regulations and safety requirements.
· Knowledge of truck equipment and when to use specific types of trailers and trucks to complete scrap and construction pickups/deliveries.
Pacific Coast Distribution Ltd. is a locally owned company, and a full-service logistics provider for asset-based freight transportation, logistics, long and short-term storage trailers and warehousing distribution services in BC and the Pacific Northwest.
SPECIAL NOTES: THIS JOB IS SUPPLIED BY BEEZNESTS, SPECIAL CONDITIONS MAY APPLY.