Low Entropy is a registered charity that is making personal development accessible to all, and in doing so providing people with tools to change themselves and the world. Our program Conscious Connections aims to build authentic communities and fulfilling relationships. Previously held in-person, Conscious Connections is now held online to create more inclusive spaces to support individuals during COVID. Our online gatherings are open to all!
We are looking for volunteer facilitators who want to co-create compassionate spaces where peers can explore topics that deepen and expand their understanding of themselves and others. Each facilitator brings their own unique touch and style to their group. The range of styles includes facilitating free-flowing discussion without topics, focusing on a core topic and exploring participant experience, or teaching about a particular topic with reflections for participants. Facilitators may choose to run their gatherings weekly or biweekly based on their availability.
Example of a Conscious Connections session:
- Check-ins and introductions
- Round table discussion related to the topic of choice
- Hands-on exercise
Past topics include:
• Ego made me do it
• Processing Emotions
• Forgiveness is Another Word for Freedom
• Authentic Conversations
• Unconditional Love
• Giving and Receiving
• Surrender to the Present Moment
• Mindfulness & Meditation
• Relationships – Life’s Greatest Teacher!
• Commit to facilitating/co-facilitating weekly or biweekly gatherings
• Plan the gatherings (including choosing a discussion topic from our list or creating your own)
• Upload feedback and debrief into a shared resource drive
• Attend monthly facilitator meetings
• Touch base with the Conscious Connections program coordinator to discuss progress
Skills & Requirements
• Available weekly or biweekly to prep and host gatherings
• Passionate for supporting others in their personal explorations
• Basic computer skills and capacity to deliver the program through Zoom Video Conference
• A commitment of 2 to 5 hours per week for:
– Facilitation (2 hours weekly or biweekly; *based on facilitator’s availability)
– Prep/debrief/coaching (1-2 hours weekly or biweekly)
– Facilitator team meetings (once a month; duration 1-1.5 hours approx.)
Through leadership, teaching, service & love… we help each other to “be the change we wish to see in the world.”
Join our amazing volunteer team today!
For more information, please contact email@example.com