We are looking for adult (19+) volunteers who are passionate about supporting the growth and development of youth (13-18 yrs) and helping them reach their full potential through the Youth Empowering Youth (YEY) Program.
Youth Empowering Youth is a nine-session leadership program facilitated by two trained Youth Facilitators, supported by an adult Coach. The program takes place online using Zoom, once a week for 1.5 hours. Each class shares a new concept to help students take accountability for their thoughts, feelings, and actions, thus moving them into a place of confidence, security, and self-assurance.
YEY intends to implement the ideas demonstrated in the Success for Teens book. The topics shared during this nine-session program are as follows:
Session 1 – Ripple Effect
Session 2 – Attitude Create Your Life
Session 3 – The Moment You Stop Blaming, You Take Back your Power
Session 4 – Take Action! With small Steps
Session 5 – Fail Forward to Success
Session 6 – Drive Your Life with Powerful habits
Session 7 – Be a Student of Life
Session 8 – Momentum is Your Responsibility
Session 9 – Graduation & Next Steps
Youth Empowering Youth is a division of Low Entropy, a nonprofit organization that is making personal growth accessible to all, and in doing so providing people with the tools to change themselves and the world.
Learn more on our website here: https://lowentropy.org/programs/youth-empowering-youth/
Coaches are assigned to a 9-session program and provide overall support to the Youth Facilitators who run the program.
We need coaches for the following programs:
Cohort F Mon & Wed July 4 – Aug 3 5:00-6:30pm Pacific Time
Cohort G – Days and times TBA (2 days per week in July)
Cohort H Mon & Wed Aug 3 – Aug 31 3:00-4:30pm Pacific Time
Cohort I Wed & Sat Aug 3 – Aug 31 1:00-2:30pm Pacific Time
- Complete Coach training before the first meeting with the Youth Facilitators of your assigned program.
- Commit to attending all 9 sessions of the program.
- Act as a resource and guide for the Youth Facilitators to ensure they are fully prepared for each program session.
- Attend any planning meetings for the sessions.
- Provide feedback and mentorship to the Youth Facilitators.
- Remind the Youth Facilitators of their responsibilities such as taking attendance and recording the sessions.
- Be part of the program Slack channel and communicate appropriately.
- Submit a brief report in the Slack channel after each session.
- Work with and guide any Youth Facilitators in Training who are assigned to your program.
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the YEY Leadership Team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience working with and mentoring youth.
- Passionate about working with and supporting youth.
- Previous volunteer experience.
- Leadership abilities.
- Good communicator.
- Problem solver with a growth mindset.
- Proficient computer skills and capacity to deliver program through Zoom Video Conference.
- A clear vulnerable sector police check is required (Instructions to be given at time of application).
- Improved leadership, mentorship, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of youth.
- Gain experience working with youth and group management working in a class environment.
- Become part of the Youth Empowering Youth team and Low Entropy community.
Application and Screening Process:
- Application form.
- Reference checks.
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector search (free, online).
- Orientation and Training.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org