Staples is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect our associates, our customers and the communities we operate in. To support the health and safety of our associates, COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this position. As such, all offers of employment will be conditional upon either (i) proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) proof of need for accommodation under relevant human rights legislation, and Staples determination that the requested accommodation can be provided without undue hardship. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or proof of need for accommodation during our background screening process.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Business Development Representative will focus on customer acquisition. This position involves cold calling potential clients, current Staples customers, client business referrals and business leads through internal channels. The BDR, provides prospective customers B2B Solutions offered through Staples Canada to satisfy their business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes outbound calls to current Staples customers and net new prospects using company provided tools/software and acting on other sales leads as necessary.
- Utilizes available resources to generate leads keeping
- Effectively probes to determine the customer’s needs, pain points and hot buttons and records accurately in CRM
- Sells the relevant elements of the program based on the customer information gathered from various sources
- Achieves and exceeds business objectives for sales and productivity monthly.
- Supports and fosters an environment of risk taking and innovation to achieve and exceed results.
- Utilize marketing material provided to promote the program and enhance the customer experience
- Understands the sales process and demonstrates the ability to execute
- Finds creative, relevant ways to implement the sales strategies provided by the business and Team Manager
Personal Development: 10%
- Participates in team, departmental meetings and feedback sessions
- Ability to work with Team Manager to personally develop sales skills through coaching and sales strategies
- Attends all vendor training sessions as required
- Ability to build a business plan to align personal goals with team and overall business strategy and objectives.
- Shares with peers and utilizes best practices of the business on a regular basis
- Seeks and accepts coaching for improvement
- Leverages and develops personal sales capabilities by using current selling techniques and company programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Call Centre
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Must have worked in an environment where sales centric goal is present. Ability to produce required results on a day to day basis.
- Strong organizational, time management and decision-making skills necessary
- Self-motivated to work independently and on a team
- Strong attention to detail when gathering insight on prospective customers
- Solid sales experience in B2B environment
- Maintain strong level of customer data integrity and PCI Compliance
- Exceptional listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in sales environment
- High School Diploma
Job: Customer Service/Contact Centers
Other Locations CA-SK-Regina, CA-SK-Saskatoon, CA-Saskatchewan, CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-SK-North Battleford, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-SK-Moose Jaw