At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Ottawa, ON and is a 12 month work term commencing in September 2022. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
What You’ll Do:
- Create high-quality technical documentation: learn the offering, create draft content, drive reviews with experts, and work with IBM publication systems.
- Create and edit Runbooks and FAQs for the IBM Technology Zone major focus areas: portal, infrastructure, content, and metrics
- Conduct research on specific tools that will help with automating manual processes, and work with the offering management and design team to document and make the offering easy to consume
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency and quality: the ability to identify and discuss content structures and writing practices, use of style-validation tools, content testing, and debugging
- Work independently within a team: estimate individual workload, prioritize work, align deliverables with release schedules.
Who You Are:
- You are a team player who is self-directed and can also work independently with minimal supervision, focusing on the right information being delivered to the right set of stakeholders at the right times.
- You have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand technical concepts and assimilate different points of view.
- You are extremely organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- You have knowledge of standard authoring languages (DITA, Markdown, HTML) and build tools.
- You are familiar with software development practices: agile development, defect-tracking systems, source control.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability for a technical audience
- Ability to document detailed technical content
- Ability to perform and use independent research
- Able to define and apply consistent voice and tone throughout content journey
- Like to solve challenging problems and think of new ways to deliver better content to our consumers
- Knowledge of agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model
- Must be eligible to work 12 months starting in September
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field, or a technical degree
- Registered in a formal co-op/internship program
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
To Apply <CLICK HERE> https://careers.ibm.com/job/15767324/technical-writer-intern-12-months-ottawa-ca/?codes=IBM_CareerWebSite