Website Groundswell Cloud Solutions
As Groundswell’s Visual Communications Expert/Designer, you will visualize and create still and motion graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos, infographics, GIFs, animations, videos and more. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of our digital footprint as well as our physical collateral.
You will create visual assets that showcase our services and corporate culture. You’ll spend your days in the field creating – and in the studio editing – a wide variety of visual content including Case Studies (written and video), White Papers, slide presentations, product demos, employee features, testimonials, and more – all helping share our story with the world.
Your goal is to inspire and attract our target audiences: your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them, and communicate the right message simply and powerfully. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
As a Visual Communications Expert/Designer you bring:
- Your expertise as a master multi-tasker who thrives in fast-paced environments, along with a team player mindset who knows how to work with people to get things done.
- Adjusting and adapting to any situation is your jam: you are not afraid to think on your feet when you need to.
- Above all, you excel at converting complex technical information into understandable and informative graphics that motivate our target audiences to action.
How you will be impacting the success of Groundswell Cloud Solutions
In the first three months:
- Understand Salesforce, and Groundswell’s business.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Lay out written sales materials (postcards, white papers, case studies, slide presentations, etc.) in a graphical format.
- Deliver end-to-end service of photo and video capture, editing and subtitling. This will range from interviewing people and creating a film clip via editing raw footage; to storyboarding, choosing stock video, developing quality on screen graphics including adding slideware, editing, sourcing music, arranging a V/O.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images and graphics as required.
By month six:
- Create infographics and other visual explanation tools, from concept to publication online or in print.
- Plan video shoot(s) with the Marketing team and other internal stakeholders.
- Set up and tear down cameras, audio recorders, lighting, microphones, and props.
- Prepare background film or “B” rolls, as well as live video feeds.
- Troubleshoot problems with video and audio equipment.
- Create agile motion graphics for social media, vlogs, webinars, microsites.
- Insert closed captioning, graphics, or other on-screen text into videos.
- Add computer graphics and special effects to videos.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements when necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Manage podcasts and webinars.
- Develop short information animations using Vyond, After Effects or even PowerPoint.
- Developing PowerPoint/Google Slides animations.
- Direct other camera operators so that the needed footage is acquired.
We want you to succeed, so you’ll need:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in Creative Industries, Animation, Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Multimedia Design, or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum three years of advanced knowledge and experience producing graphics using Adobe Creative Cloud and/or other design software and technologies (such as Final Cut, Logic/Cubase, Audition, and/or Figma). You will be confident, proficient and fast in the use of software. You know shortcuts and tricks to share with others.
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating high-quality execution of advanced design and layout techniques, in animated, video, and still image formats showcasing best practices for distribution across multiple digital channels.
- Advanced video and photography skills.
- Demonstrated passion for creativity and curiosity to try the latest technologies and methods
- Proven ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and meet tight timelines while maintaining quality.
- High attention to detail.
- A knowledge of layouts, typography, printing processes, and color theory.
- Excellent communication skills: you must be able to give and receive advice and suggestions from internal stakeholders, as well as understand what they want.
- The ability to collaborate and get along with others when they work as part of a design team.
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML5
- Advanced level skills in PowerPoint/Google Slides to support high-end presentations are a real plus.
- Proven skill in working independently with subject matter experts, ideally within the Salesforce ecosystem.
- What are the benefits of joining Groundswell?
- Competitive salary – reviewed every 12 months and annual performance-based bonus
- RRSP Matching program for employees and Extended Health coverage for you, spouse and children
- Sponsored Salesforce Certifications
- Regular Lunch and Learns and internal/external training opportunities
Flexible Hybrid workplace model
- Awesome company events and Friday Happy-Hours
You will be joining an inclusive, innovative company with diverse, passionate people. Our unique points of view determine our individuality, but it is our trust that brings us together to succeed as a team. If we sound like your kind of people then kickstart your career in tech and apply today!