Website BC Hydro
Salary Range: $44,000
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
- May provide guidance and/or work leadership to lower level staff; performs the functions of the Engineering Services Clerk 1 or 2 as required.
- Provides support, expertise and assistance with non routine and more complex administrative processes, procedures and practices such as: explaining and/or providing guidance on administrative, program or project requirements and processes including providing guidance on the best method of carrying out tasks; working with program and project staff to resolve more complex planning, monitoring and reporting system issues and problems; acting as a first level PC and systems application resource including providing an advanced level of support in the operation and features of related PC applications and section applications.
- Prepares and processes program/project activity and information using advanced features of word processing, database, spreadsheet, graphics and/or desk top publishing and other applications; develops macros and manipulates data amongst a variety of applications; designs and recommends visually appealing and appropriate formats and/or templates; identifies, investigates, corrects or reports discrepancies; maintains and updates complex document management/records systems; recommends and implements approved procedural or record system changes.
- Sets up, updates, revises, maintains, monitors and reconciles various program, project, contract or cost information using various systems; identifies and refers unusual data or conditions to the reporting manager, project or program contact for action; enters, updates and manipulates data to extract and prepare ad hoc or recurring reports etc.; investigates and resolves record, cost and other problems or refers/discusses with others.
- Provides project or program technical support such as: preparing drawing revisions, creating plots and readings from various sources from field staff and/or engineers; verifying data, identifying discrepancies and updating or making required changes; preparing documentation for and/or the purchase of equipment; checks and processes invoices for contractors or consultants; tracking and/or monitoring cost or other project/program costs or targets and alerting others for action.
- Processes various accounting and financial documentation using various financial, project or work management systems such as: applying and ensuring accurate cost distributions for suppliers and other invoices, expense claims or project elements; investigating and resolving cost distribution or payment problems; responding to and resolving vendor/contractor enquiries; checking and reconciling Project or Work Management related reports; may administer portions of local project or work contracts; preparing variance analyses, cost control reports, draft narrative and processing related account adjustments; providing assistance in the coordination, preparation and ongoing administration of the budgeting process.
- Performs minor duties related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Office administration, project management, accounting and financial documentation processes, office practices, procedures, routines, filing/recording/monitoring systems, correspondence and report formatting and preparation, data system and file management, keyboard skill at 60 wpm, personal computer and related word processing/spreadsheet/database and presentation graphics application program operation to the advanced level are typically acquired through graduation from an Office Administration Certificate program or completion of basic technical courses specific to an assigned Engineering area plus completion of the following BC Hydro in house courses or equivalent such as: Peoplesoft: Financials, Expenses Online, Management Projects, table, code central, time and labour; Passport Inventory and Purchasing; Access/Security protocol, Time Resource Management System (TRMS), InfoPM, InfoTrac, Visio, supervisory skills, project management, MS Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email and internet browser applications.
- A minimum of 2 years with a demonstrated working experience in the Administrative job stream with a thorough working knowledge of BC Hydro documentation preparation standards, procedures and practices, use of a desk top environment to an advanced level and the full range of systems identified above. Well developed oral, interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory and organizational skills to perform administrative, clerical, business and technical support.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- This is a temporary opportunity for approximately 2 years.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow. Our values guide our work.
Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team. We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .
All BC Hydro employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
HOW TO APPLY
Don’t forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays. Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.