DevOps Developer (Remote, Canada)
Why should you consider joining Auvik?
- You want to work at a company that is building impactful, relevant technology.
Auvik’s network management software helps IT teams by automating time-consuming tasks, streamlining operations, and mitigating risk. It’s more important than ever to be able to remotely monitor and manage network infrastructure, and with Auvik, IT professionals have that essential visibility and control.
- You want to work with a leadership team who are transparent and trustworthy.
Our senior leaders have a vision for Auvik. They are experienced, knowledgeable, approachable, and consistently working hard to drive success, both for the company and the team of people who make it happen.
- You want to work with a product customers love.
People rave about what we’ve built—our latest NPS was 57 (phenomenal!). Our customers are smart, aspirational, and highly technical. It pays to get the details right.
- You want regular opportunities for learning and growth.
With ongoing feedback from leadership, you’ll find that Auvik encourages you to be your very best. Our onboarding process is thorough and informative because we want to make sure you’re prepared to have a great work experience. We also have programs designed to help you take the next steps you want for your career.
- You want the flexibility to manage your work, your way.
We’re a fully distributed team and we’re prepared to continue to support working from home (or the space you choose!). When we’re able, we’ll have Auvik hubs in Waterloo and Barcelona for you to leverage if needed. We trust you to get the job done where you feel most comfortable and effective.
What’s this role all about?
We strongly believe that DevOps is a combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools. It helps us achieve world-class quality, reliability, stability, and security.
As a DevOps Developer, you will join an agile team which values collaboration, trust, and transparency. You will explore solutions to technical problems driven by Product Management, IT Operations, Development teams, and valuable business and productivity initiatives that you and the DevOps team have identified.
Your work will directly impact Auvik’s network management service that handles millions of transactions per second, while solving big challenges for our customers. Drawing on your love of developing creative solutions, your can-do attitude, and your drive to do great work, you’ll help Auvik continue to build software our customers can rely on.
What will I be doing?
- Architect and design key components as we transition to microservices
- Deploy and support best-in-class observability/monitoring tools
- Deploy and manage containerized applications using Kubernetes orchestration
- Improve and maintain our continuous integration pipelines
- Build deployment and configuration management automation
- Provide documentation for infrastructure, deployment configuration, and best practices
- Ensure best security best practices across Engineering
- Develop internal web and command line tools
- Scale our infrastructure to support our rapidly growing user base
- Occasionally involved in on-call duties
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in agile and continuous delivery environments
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployment
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka and big data pipelines are a plus)
- Strong communicators (written and verbal) who work collaboratively with their immediate team, and the larger organization
- Developers who are unafraid to learn through research and will drive conversation, and make recommendations based on experiences and findings
- Team members who demonstrate accountability by following established processes, and making suggestions for process/delivery improvements
- Developers who work collaboratively with engineering and product management to deliver infrastructure components, to meet the needs of our growing needs
- Collaborators who will create elegant, scalable, modern, code that evolves our products
Auvik makes network management easier. Our software provides the visibility and automation IT professionals need to focus on the work that delivers the greatest value to their organization. Today, Auvik helps IT teams manage more than four million devices on over 50,000 networks worldwide.
Auvik is one of the fastest growing North American technology companies. We’ve won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Deloitte Fast 500, and we were recognized as the #1 ranked Canadian company in the FT Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are happy to make any accommodations you may need throughout the interview process as well. Don’t have a working webcam? We will help you find a space you can conduct your interview from Have kids or pets in the background? Don’t worry about it. Just let us know what you need when we reach out to schedule and we will make it work!
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.