Website Sysco Canada
Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest foods and fresh ideas. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Apply now and get VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY and BENEFITS!
- Class 1 Drivers can earn $60,000-$80,000 per year
- Earn additional productivity bonuses
- Take advantage of employee discounts on food and related products
- Grow your career – our managers have started in the same role
- Benefits include: Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan, Group RRSP, Employee and Family Assistance, Stock Purchase Plan, Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University, Sysco product discounts, Preferred vendor discounts, Associate Resource Groups (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit).
HOURS OF WORK
- Typically 40 hours/week, with opportunity for overtime
- Four 10-hour days (between Monday-Saturday) with 3 days offper week
- Early morning hours
- Class 1 license with clear abstract
- Airbrakes Certification required
- Ability to drive Automatic Transmission (Manual Transmission is not required but an asset)
- Physically fit – you will be doing heavy lifting for extended periods of time in a fast-paced work environment
- Has great attention to detail
- Embodies quality, safety, and customer service
- Should have reliable transportation as transit service may be unable during shift schedules
- Pass physical test and criminal background check
QUICK OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing necessary pre and post trip inspections and report any vehicle maintenance issues
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Keeping an accurate and up to date logbook as well as operate assigned STS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Additional duties as required.
Our main warehouse is located on Jim Bailey Road on the boarder of Lake Country and Kelowna.