Work Location: 6275 Northwest Drive, Mississauga
Status: Part Time
Shift: Earliest start time is 2PM
Must be available: minimum, 20-30 hr/week
Pay Rate: $17.20/hr minimum + $0.60/hr shift premium
Purpose of Job
To pick, pack, and quality check in a timely and accurate manner on a daily basis all bulk orders released for picking in the non-conveyable, pick tower, overstock racking, and floor bulk areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Policies and Practices:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains general cleanliness of the associated areas, all common areas, and other areas as assigned according to company standards.
- Maintain a high degree of personal standards and conduct.
- Accurate picking of bulk products and proper placement of shipping label so that it may be read by a scanner and/or other distribution personnel.
- Assist in the maintenance of the conveyor system through the clearing of box jams and executing the emergency stop in the event of a box jam.
- Splitting of bulk pick labels between the various bulk areas as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the label and ribbon supply of the bulk label printers
- Responsible for building pallets of non-conveyable items picked by shipping hub
- Use of RF scanner when functioning as the case pack selector in the overstock area
- Responsible for assisting in the training and cross-training of all associates in all area of bulk selection
- Responsible for RF scanning and terminal use
- Perform on the job in the most cost effective manner
- Properly secures company assets and physical inventory.
- Ensure that operational supplies used in the release process, i.e. ribbons and labels, are not wasted and are used in an efficient manner so as not to adversely impact the operational supplies budget.
- Required to acquire certification to operate material handling equipment. Training will be provided by the company.
- Responsible for the safe use of all material handling equipment.
- Required to wear a full body harness with a retractable lanyard when using material handling equipment other than pallet or lift trucks.
- Responsible for informing management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment, common areas, and the general warehouse area.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
Interpersonal Skills (Internal/External Contacts):
- Required to communicate with Outbound and Inbound Associates, Call Centre Associates, and members of the front office team. Communication requires a normal level of courtesy.
- Requires basic reading and arithmetic skills and strong command of the English language.
Problem Solving/ Judgement:
- Problems faced on the job tend to be standardized with infrequent new problems. Decisions are made based on company policies and procedures. Problems requiring breach of a policy should be referred to a supervisor.
- Required to plan some aspects of your own work according to priorities set by management. May at times be instructed to prioritize your own work load to complete all assigned tasks.
- Communicates suggestions for improvements on both administrative and process methods.
- Two Wheel Hand Cart/Four Wheel Picking Cart w/Ladder
- Manual Pallet Truck
- Electric Pallet Truck
- Lift Truck (Fork and Reach)
- Order Picker (Free Flow)
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
- A significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling twisting, etc. The ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds without difficulty on a consistent basis is needed.
- Conditions exist where you may not be able to choose when to stop for a period of two consecutive hours, due to continual shipment of orders.
- The work flow is such that throughout the day it may be difficult to stop and relax between scheduled breaks.
- Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to significant exposure to uncontrollable temperature, noise from internal paging and conveyor system, delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust. Due to your direct contact with material handling equipment, there is a high risk of personal injury if not practicing safe working habits.
- You can expect to be exposed to multiple demands and constant interruptions from superiors and co-workers.
- A preference of one to two years of previous experience.
- Successful completion of high school.