Helping international students build meaningful careers
Part-time: 20 hours / week
Isempower is Canada’s first talent recruitment platform designed for international students. The platform enables universities & colleges to support international students at scale by connecting them with job opportunities and tailored resources while helping employers hire ethnically diverse candidates inside the country, faster, easier, and cheaper. We believe that there are too many international potentials being undiscovered and our mission is to help international students get the job they deserve.
Why our work matters:
With over 700,000 international students in Canada, contributing roughly $22 billion to the Canadian economy, international students are one of the most underrepresented groups when it comes to employment support.
60% of international students want to become a Permanent Residence after completing their degrees yet over 56% of international students report that they face difficulties finding jobs in Canada. Whether it is a language barrier, cultural barrier, or lacking the Canadian experience, international students have a hard time finding skilled jobs and end up settling for less and getting a job outside of their target industry.
How you can help:
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team to continue to bring employers to provide great job opportunities to international students & graduates across Canada.
- You will be responsible for growing and selling our product suite to our corporate customers. This will include identifying, qualifying and assisting with closing sales opportunities in the education & HR Tech space.
- Provide regular pipeline updates to the team
- Work closely with the delivery team to ensure our solutions meet the customer’s requirements.
- Help to refine both our sales process and go-to-market strategy
- Manage customer accounts by facilitating the set-up and ongoing communication
- Recent Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma with a preferred focus in business.
- Great verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to produce original ideas.
Great to have:
- Worked with universities/ educational institutes and understands selling life cycles.
What does a successful candidate look like?
- Live the isempower Values:
- Ownership Mindset
- Community to the Core
- Rooting for Diversity & Inclusion
- Ready to roll your sleeves and get to work!
- Open to sharing ideas and feedback to our team. We want to learn from you.
- Innovative with a fail fast and learn fast mindset
International students are very much welcome to apply! We want to hire you!