CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAM
Helping International Students Gain Experience to Enter the Canadian Workforce.
In partnership with the Business + Higher Education Roundtable, and with support from the Government of Canada
Career Pathway Program, in partnership with the Business + Higher Education Roundtable, and with support from the Government of Canada, is a first-of-its-kind free program that connects international students with employers for internship and project experience needed to transition into the Canadian workforce.
The program aims to create a meaningful connection between employers seeking skilled international students who are looking to kick-start their careers in Canada. A win-win solution for all the stakeholders involved.
We believe that these experiences are essential to helping international students build meaningful career pathways while simultaneously helping businesses address skills, talent and innovation gaps.
Engage in a 2-week Industry Project with Startups & SMEs
- Each company gets matched with a group of 5 students to work on an assigned project individually for 2 weeks
- Projects can be in Sales, Graphic Design, and Consulting
- Students get trained on job search skills and receive mentorship throughout the entire program duration
- Limited spots per cohort, applications open on a rolling basis.
Choose from 3 Different Projects
Opportunity for employers and students to collaborate on a design-related projects such as:
- Social Media Post Design
- Poster Design
- Website Wireframe
- UI/UX Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Careers in Marketing
Opportunity for employers and students to collaborate on a sales-related projects such as:
- Sales Strategy
- Product Pitch Deck
- Lead Generation Process
- Sales Email Sequence
Ideal for students targeting the following positions after graduation:
- Business Development Associate
- Account Executive
- Careers in Sales
Opportunity for employers and students to collaborate on a consulting-projects such as:
- Business Plan
- Market Research
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Executive Summary
- Management Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Careers in Business Management
Select from 6 Different Cohorts Throughout 2024
- 2-week industry real-life projects in selected domains
- Meet and work with employers and build your network
- 6 weeks of on-demand & live job search training workshops (resume, networking, interview, and more)
- Mentorship sessions with industry professionals
- Get considered for full-time employment
- Provide 2-week industry real-life projects in selected domains to students
- Build your future talent pipeline with a diverse talent pool of international students
- Resources to support in the hiring process and cultivating a more inclusive work environment
Get Hired for Full-Time Internship & Co-op
If you are looking for a full-time internship or co-op opportunity, join the Isempower portal to browse the latest internship & co-op jobs from top employers that want to hire you.
Once you are placed in a company, we will provide complimentary post-placement training on cross-cultural workplace for success and business English communication to help you excel in the workforce.
Become a partner to help your international students gain experience and transition into the workforce.
For questions about the Career Pathway Program please contact
Venky Karuppiah, Program Manager – CPP